In thankfulness for God's gift, the Thomas family would like to invite local friends to come meet Annie and celebrate her entrance into the world. Please drop in sometime Saturday evening from 7:00-9:00 pm. If you need their address, just let me (Megan) know by contacting me at email@example.com.
*Also*- Gifts are not necessary! We are mindful of the blessing of excellent health care and how that has changed the outcome of a potentially very dangerous situation for Susie & Annie. So, if you'd like to bring something, we invite you to bring any of the items listed below, to be used in "Clean Birth Kits", which can help women and infants around the world experience safe deliveries. We will have a little Birth Kit station where together we can assemble these life-saving kits and they will be sent on one of YWAM's medical ships to rural Paupau New Guinea, where 1 in 7 women die in childbirth.
1. Bars of Soap (Regular size or hotel size--for the birth attendant to wash her hands).
2. Plastic gloves (for the birth attendant to wear).
4. Utility blades (found at hardware store- used to cut the cord).
5. Strong string (2 for tying the cord, 1 for “just in case”).
6. One plastic sheet (for a clean birthing surface). Sheet should be approximately 1×1 meter or 1×1 yard and can be purchased at your hardware or paint store.
7. Sandwich-size ziplock bag (to pack the contents).
Ben, Susie and Annie look forward to seeing all of you! If you have any questions or want to RSVP, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org